moong Dal - 1 / 2 cup
Pepper seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 1
Ginger - 2 "pieces
Curry leaves- 1 cluster
Cashew nut - 25 g
Asafoetida – a pinch
- Saravana Bhavan pongal Preparation is very simple and easy.
- Clean and Fry Moong Dal up to it becomes golden colour. Then wash it properly.
- Wash and soak raw rice with fried moong dal for half an hour.
- Put rice and dal in a coocker, add salt and Asafoetida. Mix well
- Boil the rice and dal by adding 4 cups of water for 2 whistles.
- Take a pan and heat ghee. Then sauté mustard, cumin seeds and pepper.
- Then add curry leaves, chillies and ginger. Fry the ingredients in sim flame.
- Fry the cashew nuts separately by adding a tsp of ghee.
- Then add the fried mixture with the boiled rice, dal mixture.
- Add the remaining ghee with Pongal to get the delicious taste.
- saravana bhavan samayal Tamil Pongal recipe is ready to taste.
- The best side dish for saravana bhavan pongal is coconut chutney.
- You can also have this Ven pongal with Tamil sambar and Vadai recipe.
Sweet Pongal recipe Tamil Style